Monday, July 28, 2008

Negative Lad part 1

At first, I didn't think I would put this up. These recordings were made as a test to see if I could get a good sound out of the piano and mike. The results were mixed - I was happy enough with the sound, but the piano needs tuning and you can hear lots of noise from the keys and pedals. The performance is also easy to criticize, showing off my dumb left hand and my sociopathic glee in sustaining chords into a stew of dissonance. But nitpicks aside, there were enough "keeper" moments in this improv session that I decided to go ahead and post it.

I only added significant effects to the middle section, which was already pretty weird anyway. The first and last bits just have minor tweaks to liven up the sound.

Negative Lad
1 - I'm A Big Fish 
2 - In An Empty Pond 
3 - Better Learn To Walk

If I were a less lazy person I would devote more time to practicing piano, because I do love it as an instrument.

Ps. Negative Lad is my superhero identity. Don't tell anyone.

No comments: